Below is a brief summary listing we try to keep updated of only a few conflict minerals and sustainability engagements we recently completed or are currently working on. Client confidentiality is paramount to us; therefore, client names are not included and this is not an exhaustive project list. Most of our clients are Fortune 500 companies who renew and expand their relationship with Elm annually, so some of the current project descriptions below remain on the list for a long time.
- We have been selected to conduct conflict minerals Independent Private Sector Audits (IPSAs) for four companies for CY2015.
- Providing a range of advisory guidance, gap/conformance assessments and training on numerous conflict minerals programs.
- Managing stand alone 3TG smelter/refiner due diligence for a major electronics component/assembly manufacturer and many other companies.
- Managing stand alone 3TG smelter/refiner due diligence for several manufacturers of electronics and other products.
- Drafting operating procedures for numerous conflict minerals product assessment, RCOI and due diligence processes.
- Conducting an Independent Private Sector Audit (IPSA) for CY2014 for a major electronics component manufacturer.
- Providing US regulatory subject matter and non-financial auditing expertise and training within a USAID-funded project to establish the Independent Mineral Chain Auditor (IMCA) function of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR), an intergovernmental organization of twelve central African countries.
- For a major copper mine in Asia, we completed our second EHS and corporate social responsibility risk assessment.
- Drafted, reviewed and/or commented on numerous conflict minerals Form SD and Conflict Minerals Reports (CMRs) for Fortune 500 companies in several sectors.
- Conducted a sustainability program review, provided pragmatic sustainability performance indicators and a 3-year program growth roadmap for a leading food crop and processing company.
- Conducted detailed conflict minerals applicability assessments at a product and supplier level for retailers and consumer electronics companies, focusing on products that are contract manufactured.
- Completed numerous conflict minerals program assessments using our CMCheckPoint(sm) tool for companies in the retail, electronics, auto parts, motor sports, commercial products and chemical sectors.